| Sectors: Innovation
| Granting entities: Nokia Bell Labs
| Deadline: 14 May
| Type of support: Prize
| Funding/benefits: First prize: 100,000 USD; Second prize: 50,000 USD; Third prize: 25,000 USD
| Applicants: Entrepreneurs residing in participating countries
| Locations: Global (participating countries)
Synopsis: The Nokia Bell Labs Prize is a competition for innovators from participating countries around the globe. It seeks to recognize innovations that solve the key challenges facing humanity and provides selected innovators the unique opportunity to collaborate with Nokia Bell Labs researchers to help realize their vision.
The competition is open to anyone in the participating countries who meets the eligibility requirements. Register and submit your idea in 250 words or less with additional supporting documentation. From the hundreds of applications received, five – seven finalists are selected to compete for three prizes at an autumn event in November each year in front of a panel of renowned experts and industry leaders.
This prize is open to all eligible applicants who register and submit proposals in the general areas of information and communication technologies. Participants must meet the following criteria:
- Own their ideas
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Possess a bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree
- Reside in one of the listed participating countries
- Employees, partners, and consultants of Sponsor and its affiliates and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- Interns employed by Sponsor or its affiliates are eligible to participate in the Contest. For the purpose of this Contest, an “intern” means a student currently pursuing a degree at an accredited college or university, hired to work for Sponsor or its affiliates on a temporary basis.
Link to application here.