Mindset-pcs firmly believes that any innovative idea, activity or project should lie on solid research and evidence, including: social evidence on social norms, gender roles, context-specific social and economic dynamics; market analysis; exploration of best practices (and bad practices too!); data analysis etc.. Collection of evidence and analysis of knowledge is the very foundation of any successful activity.
Literature reviews and analysis:
- We conduct comprehensive literature reviews for you before you start developing a program. We look at global best and wrong practices, lessons learned, existing projects, current gaps and recommendations. This is one of our favorite activities and we are excellent at it! Try us.
- Problem analysis and recommendations: we love a good “puzzle”. We have the tools to put all the pieces together and provide you with the most coherent and realistic picture possible. Our recommendations are comprised of several options that we careful design with you to identify the most optimal pathway(s) to success.
In 2019, Mindset-pcs is focusing on 3 areas of research:
- “Measuring change": Improving data collection, systemization and analysis – with a particular emphasis on defining and measuring “change”.
- “Humanitarian Communications": changing the pejorative discourse and visualization of humanitarian contexts -Identifying risk and opportunities.
- Humanitarian innovation – best practices and lessons learned (with the Pears Program for Global Innovation).
Training and teaching:
Mindset-pcs works with highly-qualified advisors and partners (including existing training centers and universities) with excellent experience in providing multi-cultural training and academic courses around the world. We offer services on the design and facilitation of training and/or academic courses on the following topics:
- Social and economic development: an asset-based approach.
- Emergency preparedness and response: Disaster Risk Reduction / Disaster Risk Management.
- Governance, civil society and human rights.
- Gender equality and women empowerment.
- Peacebuilding / mediation.
- Security Sector Reform and rule of law.
- Communication for development.
- Program design and Management tools.
- Leadership and management.
- Risk assessment and mitigation strategies.
- User-centered/people-centered approach & design thinking methods.